Our markets run the third Saturday of every month, except January and August.
COVID-19: We are following all Government guidance and are doing everything we can to maintain a safe environment for all visitors, stallholders and staff. There are some important notes:
- If you or anyone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19 – or you have knowingly come into contact with someone who has, in the last 14 days – do not come to the market.
- The 2m social distancing rules applies – of course!
- Face coverings are required to be worn
- Our car park space markings are about 2m apart – use those to help you to judge 2m.
- There will he hand sanitiser available at the gate, near the front door and on all/most stalls – please use it.
- The toilet facilities will be for stall-holders and committee only. Exceptions may be made, on grounds of health needs, but please do not expect to be able to use them.
- There will be no cafe or refreshments on sale.
- Car parking is limited, because of the space needed for the stalls. All the committee are leaving their cars at home. If you are fit and able and live locally – please walk. Only the third of the car park nearest the entrance gate will be available for visitor parking.
- Please do not walk behind the stalls, or cut through from the parking area.
We know you all appreciate having the the opportunity to Shop Local and support local businesses and so will be polite and patient with everyone at the market.
Click here if you are interested in having a stall at our markets. Please DO NOT CONTACT US until you have read all the content of that page.
A bit about our markets.......
The first Farmers' Market in Grimsargh was held in Spring 2006, as a fund-raising event for the Village Hall.
After that initial successful trial they have continued, now being held on the third Saturday of every month except January.
The Markets have become an embedded and enjoyable part of Grimsargh village life, being popular with both locals and visitors from further afield.
As most people are aware, there is a growing interest in obtaining fresh products directly from producers and Farmers' Markets meet that need and give people welcome access to our excellent local Lancashire farmers, together with artisan food and craft producers.
Our Regular stalls offer a range of meats, cheeses, cakes, eggs, preserves, artisan breads, chocolates, vegetables, ready meals and also a selection of crafts.
Alongside the market there is usually the popular cafe which provides welcome refreshments serving teas and coffees, breakfast barms and fresh homemade soups. THIS HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR THE TIME BEING
The monthly markets also provide valuable income towards the upkeep of the Village Hall, with all monies from the stall-holders’ fees and profits from the café going into the Hall funds.
All those involved in running the market and café are doing so on a voluntary basis.
We are delighted with the ongoing success of our Farmers Markets and hope they continue to provide an enjoyable Saturday morning interlude for all!