In order to qualify as a "Community User", a hiring group must be a not for profit organisation. We do not require Charity status and this does not preclude any groups who have some paid staff.
Groups that are seen to be offering activities that are broadly beneficial to the Community as a whole are viewed favourably.
The discounts that are currently enjoyed by our Community Users are based on a number of considerations:
- Not-for-profit - this is a mandatory requirement for being deemed a Community User
- Frequency and duration of hire
- Reciprocal support to the Village Hall and assistance with GVCA events
- Specifically the requirement to have a stall at the Christmas Fair with a 50% profit share donation to the GVCA.
- History - there are groups who are given preferential terms due to the long history of some of their members and founders with regards to years of service to the hall and community of Grimsargh
- GVCA exceptional circumstances provision - this is an intangible one, but recognises that sometimes a group might be given an exceptional one-off discount or other assistance due to circumstances being such as for the Committee to deem it appropriate to do so