The Gardening Club is a very popular group based at the Village Hall. Meetings are held at on the first Wednesday of the month 7.30pm - 9.00pm, generally at the Hall, though there are some visits out. You can just turn up to any of the meetings as below:
Programme for 2023
- 4th January 23 - No meeting
- 1st February 23 - Michelle Unsworth of SO Plants speaking about "Buying Plants in Tuscany"
- 1st March 23 - A talk entitled "Creating an Alpine Garden" by Frank Hoyle of Chipping
- 5th April 23 - A talk and discussion on the subject of "Spring Flowering" with our own member, Caroline Luke of Dale House, Goosnargh, which is in the National Garden Scheme Yellow Book.
- 3rd May 23 - Steve Halliwell presents a talk and slides on Logan Botanical Gardens in Scotland
- 7th June 23 - Ray Cauldwell will give a talk on "The Joy of Bonsai" and bring along some of his trees
- 5th July 23 - Members visit to Dale House, Goosnargh, followed by lunch at a venue to be arranged
- 2nd August 23 - Day trip on a Brethertons Coach to Dalemain House, Cumbria
- 6th September 23 - Lynn Scott, demonstrator with the National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies will be making an Arrangement with Seasonal Flowers
- 4th October 23 - AGM, with a quiz, indoor plant swap, followed by tea and cakes!
- 1st November 23 - Matthew Smith of Brighter Blooms Garden Centre, Walton-Le-Dale will talk about "Weeds to Love or Loathe, That is the Question"
- 6th December 23 - Christmas Meal - details TBD
Chairman: Judith Clark - phone number 01772 786650
Vice-chairman: Eileen Parker
Treasurer: Evelyn Heginbotham
Secretary: Cath Monks
Admin Assistant: Sandy Fogg
Annual membership - £10
£1.50 each meeting to include raffle and refreshments.
Guests are welcome at £2.00 per meeting.